A Powerful Earthquake Struck Iran near a Nuclear Power Plant
A 5.1-magnitude earthquake struck southern Iran near Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant, according to the US Geophysical Institute, cited by Reuters.
The quake's epicentre was less than 50 km from Iran's only nuclear power plant.
The Euro-Mediterranean Seismological Center, quoted by TASS, said the earthquake took place 132 km southwest of the city of Shiraz with a population of 1.2 million people and a depth of 10 km.
According to the US Geophysical Institute, the quake became 38 km deep.
There is no information on casualties or property damage.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Indian Citizen Who Forced Emergency Landing of Air France Plane in Sofia Removed from His Court Hearing
- » Bulgarian Woman Saves Elderly Couple from Fire, Loses Own Life
- » Light Earthquake Registered in Haskovo
- » Unruly Passenger Forces French Airplane to Land in Sofia
- » Another Powerful Earthquake with Different Epicenter Rocks Greece
- » More Details about Powerful Quake in Central Greece