Ministry of Interior: Around 30 000 Drivers Tested During TISPOL Operation
A special police operation against driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs took place in Bulgaria, said the press office of the Ministry of the Interior. The operation that was held from 9 to 15 December was part of a EU-wide campaign by European traffic police TISPOL.
A total of 29,784 drivers were checked, 286 of whom were driving under the influence of alcohol and 69 under the influence of illegal drugs and/or their analogs.
During the inspections, the police officers also checked for a valid compulsory third party liability insurance and found 408 violations.
Police issued 4,490 e-tickets to drivers and 279 tickets to passengers. 676 driving licences were revoked over unpaid fines.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19: Tests Are Going to Show if Indian Variant Can Beat Immunity after Vaccination
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 518 New Cases, Slight Increase of Fatalities
- » Reuters: Toshiba European Operations Suffer Ransomware Cyber Attack
- » Largest Bulgarian Emergency Hospital Reduces by 50% Its Covid-19 Beds
- » 2/3 of Bulgarians Unlikely to Vaccinate, Western Europeans More Willing to Get Jab than Citizens of Eastern EU Countries
- » Another Surge of Covid-19 in Bulgaria Is possible in Autumn – Prof. Nikolay Vitanov