Ministry of Interior: Around 30 000 Drivers Tested During TISPOL Operation
A special police operation against driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs took place in Bulgaria, said the press office of the Ministry of the Interior. The operation that was held from 9 to 15 December was part of a EU-wide campaign by European traffic police TISPOL.
A total of 29,784 drivers were checked, 286 of whom were driving under the influence of alcohol and 69 under the influence of illegal drugs and/or their analogs.
During the inspections, the police officers also checked for a valid compulsory third party liability insurance and found 408 violations.
Police issued 4,490 e-tickets to drivers and 279 tickets to passengers. 676 driving licences were revoked over unpaid fines.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » New Dramaturgy Festival Opens in Sofia, Look out for New Bulgarian Plays
- » Bulgaria: School Year to Be Extended for Most Students
- » Divorce of Melinda and Bill Gates Could Shake Philanthropy Worldwide
- » Belgium’s Key Institutions Suffer Major Cyberattack
- » Reasons Why You Must Not Work from Your Bed
- » Novel Food – Dried Yellow Mealworms Approved in EU