President Radev Issued a Decree allowing Sotir Tsatsarov to Leave Office
President Rumen Radev has issued a decree allowing Sotir Tsatsarov to leave office, the press secretary of the head of state announced.
"On the proposal of the Supreme Judicial Council, and on the basis of Article 129, paragraph 2 of the Constitution, the Head of State issued a decree for the dismissal of Sotir Tsatsarov from the position of Prosecutor General," the Presidency said in a statement.
The Supreme Judicial Council elected Ivan Geshev as the new Chief Prosecutor, and Sotir Tsatsarov takes over the Commission for Combating Corruption and the Withdrawal of Illegally Acquired Property (KPKONPI). The pair will hand over the relay during a The official ceremony will be held at the Courtroom on Wednesday.
It was also announced that consultations on changes to the Constitution have been launched. This week Rumen Radev will meet with academic communities, non-governmental organizations and professional associations of magistrates.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Tsar Simeon met with the Russian Metropolitan and the Russian Ambassador
- » The Bulgarian Parliament adopted the Anti-Corruption Reform in the first reading
- » Bulgaria's PM: Let's not turn Schengen into a Bargaining Chip
- » No Shots were fired at Migrants from the Bulgarian side of the Border - shows Joint investigation with Turkey
- » The President: Bulgaria has every Chance to join Schengen next year, let's not Politicize the Topic
- » From 8 am to 12 pm: Borissov changed his position on the Paper Ballots 3 times