The Air in Sofia - Dangerous for your Health?
Sofia ranked third in the world in air pollution, according to the world agencies for air quality, cited by BGNES. According to the European Environment Agency, Sofia's air is one of the most polluted and poses a real danger to human health.
According to the Agency, even yesterday, when there was wind and the fog of fine dust dissipated, the air remained dangerous for the health of the citizens of Sofia. The largest air pollution occurs at night, and its peak was on Sunday, data show. This means that domestic heating is really the culprit for the dangerous air in the capital, as Mayor Yordanka Fandakova announced earlier today.
According to the international air quality site - airvisual.com, Sofia ranked third in the air quality and pollution city ranking.
Only the values in Delhi, India, and in Lahore, Pakistan, slightly exceed the dirt that Sofia residents breathe. Even residents of cities like Dhaka, Bangladesh, and Mumbai, India, breathe cleaner air than Sofia residents.
However, today, Sofia is on the 17 position in the ranking which is unfortunately still bad.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Coronavirus Mu Variant Has Not Been Detected in Bulgaria as Yet
- » Moderna CEO Suggests Covid-19 Pandemic Could End in About One Year
- » Bulgarian Health Authorities to Take Decision on Booster Dose Soon
- » Bulgaria May Need New Lockdown as of 15 October - Mathematical modeling prompts
- » Prescriptions for Home Treatment of COVID-19: Of the 18 drugs, Only 9 are Free and 3 are Missing
- » The Executive Director of Moderna Predicts an End to the Pandemic Next Year