Russian Sailors Discovered Four Hitherto Unknown Islands in the Red Sea
The crew of the Donuzlav Black Sea Fleet hydrographic vessel has discovered four hitherto unknown land areas in the Red Sea, RIA Novosti reported.
The discovery was made during a 99-day expedition during which sailors traveled more than 5,500 nautical miles and explored an area of about 7,000 square kilometers in the Black, Mediterranean and Red seas.
In addition to discovering new geographic features, three coral islands were also examined, the report said.
A previous survey was conducted in 1911, and the present one will help the experts to fill in the blank spaces in certain sections of the water area.
The results were transmitted to the Navy's central mapping service.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Few Clouds and Mostly Sunny Today with Max Temp 15°-20°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: A Decrease of Clouds and Rain with Max Temp Between 13°-18°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Rain in Some Places, Max Temp 11°-16° C
- » Bulgaria: Caps for the Future Charity Initiative Begins this Weekend
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rains Continue but will Gradually Weaken
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Orange Code for Intensive Rainfall around the Country