Russian Sailors Discovered Four Hitherto Unknown Islands in the Red Sea
The crew of the Donuzlav Black Sea Fleet hydrographic vessel has discovered four hitherto unknown land areas in the Red Sea, RIA Novosti reported.
The discovery was made during a 99-day expedition during which sailors traveled more than 5,500 nautical miles and explored an area of about 7,000 square kilometers in the Black, Mediterranean and Red seas.
In addition to discovering new geographic features, three coral islands were also examined, the report said.
A previous survey was conducted in 1911, and the present one will help the experts to fill in the blank spaces in certain sections of the water area.
The results were transmitted to the Navy's central mapping service.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Clouds and Fog in the East, Sun in the West of the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny but Chilly with Max Temp Between 10°-15°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max Temp Between 9°-14°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Some Rain and Sun Afterwards can be Expected with Max Temp 11°-16°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Scattered Clouds and Max Temp Between 18°-23°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max Temp Between 17°-22°C