Ivan Geshev Takes Office on December 18th
Ivan Geshev is likely to step in as chief prosecutor on December 18. This was suggested by SJC Representative Boyan Magdalinchev in response to a question.
Earlier today The Supreme Judicial Council (SJC) has accepted the resignation of Sotir Tsatsarov as Bulgaria’s Prosecutor General.
According to Magdalinchev, after the president issue a decree allowing Sotir Tsatsarov to leave office, the document should be promulgated in the State Gazette. Then Ivan Geshev will step in.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Movement for Rights and Freedoms Will Not Take Part in New Government, Will Support Cabinet Proposed by New Parties
- » ‘Sofa-gate’ Brings More Headaches for EU
- » VMRO Claim Multiple Irregularities, Seeks Annulment of Vote Results in Turkey
- » Housing Prices in Bulgaria Soared by 30 Percent over Decade – Eurostat
- » MEP Elena Yoncheva Under Fire for Alleged Money Laundering
- » Bulgaria: CEC Removes Boyko Borissov, Six Others from Elected MPs List