Jihadist Attack in a Hotel in the Somali Capital - there are Injured
Four people were killed and six were injured in a jihadist attack in a hotel in the Somali capital, Xinhua news agency reported.
It is recalled that around 6:00 pm Bulgarian time, jihadists attacked the SYL Hotel in Mogadishu, popular with politicians and army officials.
Two deputies and a former Somali interior minister were injured during the attack.
Fighters from one of the country's radical groups claimed responsibility for the attack.
Police believe the death toll could increase, as there were many people at the hotel at the time of the incident.
Somalia Police Deputy Commissioner Zakia Hussein said two of the attackers were killed near the hotel building.
Security forces were able to evacuate more than 100 people who were there during the attack.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » New Protest in North Macedonia, familiar Chants against Bulgaria
- » EU: Trust in Institutions continues to Fall despite declining Unemployment and phasing out of Pandemic Restrictions
- » The EC approved Bulgaria to Receive over BGN 32 Billion (EUR 16.4) for 7 years
- » Von der Leyen: Europe should prepare to Stop Gas Supplies from Russia
- » Erdogan: We are Close to a Deal for the Transport of Grain through the Black Sea
- » Boris Johnson is Fighting for his Political Survival