For the First Time since 2017: Bird Flu in the UK
The British government announced a confirmed case of avian flu last night at a at a chicken farm in eastern England - the first such case since June 2017, BTA quoted Reuters as saying.
All 27,000 birds at the commercial farm will be culled after a number were found to have the H5 strain of avian flu, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs said on Tuesday, The Independent reported.
The risk to public health is very low. Well-cooked poultry and poultry products, including eggs, are safe to eat, authorities said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » It’s Final: Introduction of New COVID Measures in Sofia
- » Omicron is Overwhelming Hospitals according to Data from other Countries
- » Bulgarian Doctor: Pills cannot Win the Battle with the Pandemic
- » Bulgaria: Payment of BGN 75 Supplement to Vaccinated Pensioners Starts on February 1
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 8932 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Measures are Expected to be Tightened in Sofia and other Cities