Kozloduy NPP Will Be Supplied with Nuclear Fuel by 2025
Russian nuclear fuel cycle company TVEL, which is part of Russian state corporation Rosatom and Bulgaria’s Kozloduy NPP have signed a contract for the supply of Russian nuclear fuel to Bulgaria by 2025, TASS reported. The supplies will be complete and the nuclear plant will not need to buy enriched uranium on the market, it was reported. Kozloduy NPP operates two nuclear units – Unit 5 and Unit 6 of the type VVER-1000, which are loaded with Russian nuclear fuel produced by the Novosibirsk Chemical Concentrates Plant. As of the end of 2016, a new generation of fuel called TBSA-12 has started to be delivered to Unit 6, BNR reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » The Price of Gas in Europe fell to a two-year Low
- » In 2023: Bulgaria exports nearly 70% less electricity
- » President Radev in Delphi: Bulgaria is the Center of Energy Policy in the Balkans and Southeast Europe
- » Bulgaria concluded a Memorandum of Cooperation with Gas Transmission Operators from 4 Countries
- » Azerbaijan plans to Double Gas Supplies to Europe by 2027