NASA to Buy Two Seats for its Astronauts Aboard Russian Soyuz Spacecraft
The US space agency intends to buy two seats for its astronauts aboard Russian Soyuz spacecraft for a flight to the International Space Station (ISS), TASS reported.
“NASA’s purchase of a seat on a future private astronaut mission of no more than four total crew members helps both foster the low Earth orbit economy as well as provides NASA an additional way to meet its needs for research aboard the International Space Station,” the agency said in a Nov. 26 statement about its plans.
The flight of one of the crew members is scheduled for the autumn of 2020. The second one will probably take off during the spring of 2021. "
NASA ISS Representative Gary Jordan announced on Nov. 19 that the US space agency intends to purchase additional seats on the Soyuz vessels, but without specifying the amount.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 220 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West Reacts to Putin’s Speech and his Nuclear Threats
- » China's Yuan sinks to record Low against Dollar ahead of key National Congress
- » 19 Killed in Anti-Government Protests in Iran
- » US: Death Toll reaches 21 in Florida as Hurricane Ian hits South Carolina
- » Kyiv's response to Putin: Ukraine quickly Enters NATO
- » Putin: Russia now has Four New Territories, We are ready for Negotiations with Ukraine