UN Secretary General Praises Germany's Climate Policies
UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres met with Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin and praised German government policy on "climate" as an "example", DPA reported.
"You have set an example of moral responsibility and for a sense of accountability for the fate of the world in this area," he said. Guterres said. "This is an extremely important contribution to the fight against climate change," he added, hoping that other countries would follow the example of Germany.
The UN chief, however, warned that the fight against climate change has not yet been won and emphasized the fact that harmful greenhouse gas emissions have reached a new record. Guterres also said that people have not even managed to reduce the rate of increase, expressing concern that the targets set in the Paris Climate Agreement would not be met.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Antarctic Expedition Reached Livingston Island
- » Bulgaria’s Suffocating Cities: Ten Major Urban Areas Report Serious Air Pollution Problems
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergency in Rhodopean Village over Manganese in Drinking Water
- » Israel Struggles with Massive Tar Slick, Beaches Contaminated, Closed
- » China Ramps up Efforts for Weather Control, Neighbors Worry
- » Mostly Sunny Weather in Bulgaria Today