A Dead Deer with 7 kg of Plastic Waste in its Stomach Was Found in Thailand
Wild deer has been found dead after swallowing 7kg of plastic bags and other waste in Thailand, AFP reported.
The Asian kingdom is one of the largest plastic consumers in the world - each Thai using up to 3,000 single-use plastic bags each per year, whether for wrapping street food, takeaway coffee or packing groceries.
Until recently, plastic waste pollution has affected mostly marine life, but it already affects animals on land. Local authorities said the 10-year-old deer was discovered in a national park in Nan Province, some 600 km north of the capital city of Bangkok.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Antarctic Expedition Reached Livingston Island
- » Bulgaria’s Suffocating Cities: Ten Major Urban Areas Report Serious Air Pollution Problems
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergency in Rhodopean Village over Manganese in Drinking Water
- » Israel Struggles with Massive Tar Slick, Beaches Contaminated, Closed
- » China Ramps up Efforts for Weather Control, Neighbors Worry
- » Mostly Sunny Weather in Bulgaria Today