Bulgarians Travelled Less in the Third Quarter of 2019
In the third quarter of 2019, 1 733.9 thousand Bulgarian residents made tourist trips. The majority (75.6%) of them travelled only within the country, 20.5% - only abroad and 3.9% - both in the country and abroad. Compared to the same quarter of 2018 the total number of the travelled persons aged 15 and over decreased by 7.9%
In the third quarter of 2019, most Bulgarians aged 25 - 44 years travelled - 790 thousand or 45.5% of all persons who travelled. In all age groups predominated the share of the trips in the country, as the highest was the share among persons aged 15 - 24 - 78.2% from the travelled in this age group. About the trips abroad, the share of residents aged 65 and over was the highest - 23.9% of travelled in the respective group.
The majority of tourist trips of persons aged 15 and over in the country (65.1%) and abroad (79.9%) were for ‘holiday and recreation’
In the third quarter of 2019, 1 931.6 thousand or 84.2% of the total number of the private tourist trips were registered as an independent. The relative share of the independent travels without booking of the trip in the country was 91.7%, while those abroad - 54.6%.
In the structure of the expenditure by type with highest relative share was the expenditure on food in domestic trips - 44.5%, while in outbound trips was on transport - 30.1%.
In the third quarter of 2019 a person aged 15 and over spent on the average for private trip 368.37 BGN in the country and 655.18 BGN for private trip abroad.
At the same time the average expenditure per person for professional trip was 178.80 BGN for domestic trip and 1 200.63 BGN for professional outbound trip.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 Will Cost 132 Billion Euro to Airlines Worldwide
- » 11 Million Tourists Visited Turkey in 10 Months, Russians - 2 Million, Bulgarians in Third Place with 1 Million
- » Negative PCR Tests Mandatory for Passengers Arriving to Spain from 65 Countries, Bulgaria Including
- » Richard Alibegov: One-Month Lockdown Will Mean End to Clubs and Restaurant Business in Bulgaria
- » Tourism Trends: Travels Fall by 23,6 Percent in the Third Trimester of 2020
- » Greece Shuts Some Land Borders, Makaza-Nimfea Checkpoint Lets through Only Trucks