Marvel's First Comic Was Sold for over $ 1 Million
The first comic book produced by Marvel, a well-known American publisher that promoted characters like Spider-Man and X-Men, was auctioned off, earning a record $ 1.26 million in profits, according to Heritage Auctions.
"This is a historic copy of a historic comic book," Ed Jaster, auction house senior vice president, said of the book, which was published in 1939 by Timely Comics, which later became Marvel, AFP reported.
"Without question, this is the granddaddy of all Marvel Comics, without which we would not have the characters and stories we enjoy in today's comics and feature films," Jaster added.
Under the guidance of screenwriter Sten Lee, in the 1960s, Marvel created superheroes that have become emblematic and whose cinema adaptations are making money globally.
Marvel's first comic was sold in very good condition and well above the 10 cents it cost in 1939.
The most expensive story in history remains the first issue of Action Comics, published in 1938, in which Superman made its debut. It was sold for $ 3.2 million in 2014.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 231 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly Morning, Warm Afternoon
- » Bulgaria: The Monument to the Soviet Army in Sofia was Wrapped
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 238 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Wind is Weakening, Rain possible in the Southeastern Regions
- » Bulgaria: Car with 17 Migrants collided with a Taxi in Sofia