Alaska Set a Record High Temperature and a Record Amount of Snowfall in the Same Day
Alaska's largest city has set an absurd, at first glance, record, NOVA reports.
Alaskans have experienced both a record high temperature and a record amount of snowfall in the same day, AP reported.
A temperature of 7.2 degrees, or the highest in mid-November since 1967, was reported on Saturday. Typically, temperatures in mid-November are around 0 C.
Just a few hours later, the same experts, at the same place, measured more than 20 cm of snow cover. Snow levels at the weather service’s office broke the 1958 record.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cold but Sunny
- » 90 Dead, 34 Missing in Central Vietnam's Floods
- » Bulgarian Authorities Allowed Experimental Waste Incineration 10000 Times Above the Norms
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Orange Code for Wind and Heavy Rain
- » Earthquakes in Greece
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Orange for Heavy Rain in 6 Districts