Record: Bulgarians Abroad Have Sent over 1 Billion in the Country
Bulgarians abroad broke the record by the amount of money they sent to their homeland.
For the first time in history, just over a billion and 100 million euros is the money which migrants transferred to Bulgarian accounts, NOVA reported.
According to statistics, about 80% of the money comes from EU countries. The exact amount is EUR 833 million.
The remaining just over 340 million were sent by Bulgarians living or working in third countries.
Eurostat data also show that Bulgaria ranks fifth in the budget received from expatriates.
Portugal ranks first with just over € 3 billion, followed by Romania, Poland and Croatia.
- » Bulgaria’s Government Proposes Budget Update, Increase in Debt Ceiling
- » World Bank: The Poor Countries Will Take the Hardest Hit
- » IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva: The Recession will be at Least as Bad as in 2008
- » IIB Successfully Registers its First ever Medium Term Notes (MTN) Programme on Dublin Stock Exchange
- » Bulgaria, Cryptocurrency and the Law
- » NSI: In 2019, Bulgaria's Exports to EU Increase by 2.9% YoY