99 Illegal Pigs, Hidden by their Owners, Were Killed in Aheloy
Officials of the Regional Food Safety Directorate (RFSD) - Burgas have slaughtered 99 pigs, hidden by their owners, said the press office of the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Water. Following a tip-off about free-ranging pigs in the Panaya area between the towns of Aheloy and Kableshkovo, a spot-check was carried out. The pigs found to belong to six farmers were not ear-tagged and were of unknown origin.
Jointly with the police and the prosecutor's office the animals have been humanely killed. The owners have been issued administrative citations. The unregistered farms with the unidentified animals fall within a three-kilometre quarantine zone established around an industrial pig farm. One of the inspectors was attacked during the slaughtering. The attacker was arrested by police.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two-Thirds of People with Omicron have been Infected with COVID-19 Before
- » Almost All of Bulgaria is in the Dark Red COVID Zone
- » Bulgaria: New Amendments could Equate the Birth Certificate with the ID Card
- » Over 55% of Sequenced Samples in Bulgaria are from Omicron
- » Sofia: How Warm is it in Electric Buses during Winter
- » Bulgarian Immunologist: The only Salvation against Covid is to be Immunized Every Year