More than 300 Refugees and Migrants Have Been Transferred from the Island of Lesbos to Athens
A passenger ferry from Lesbos Island to the Piraeus port of Athens arrived in the early morning with 367 refugees and migrants, who will then be deployed by bus to reception centres across Greece, MIA reported.
Another 20 refugees and migrants are expected to arrive from Kos Island.
The relocation of asylum seekers from the Greek islands is part of the Greek government's policy to address the problem of overcrowding at reception centres on their territory.
- » EC with a € 100 Billion Solidarity Plan
- » The Border Checkpoints through which the “Green Corridors” Border for Supply of Goods will Pass are now Clear
- » The EC Called for Free Movement of Critical Workers to be Guaranteed
- » 672,300 People have Acquired Citizenship in One of the 27 EU Member States
- » Italy Extends the Quarantine until April 12
- » Countries Supporting a Common Alliance against the Coronavirus Make Up 57% of the Euro Area's GDP