The SJC will Revote Ivan Geshev's Nomination for Bulgaria’s Chief Prosecutor on Thursday
The plenum of Bulgaria’s Supreme Judicial Council (SJC) will hold a meeting on 14 November to vote again on the appointment of Ivan Geshev as chief prosecutor after President Rumen Radev refused to approve the decision and returned it to the SJC, said the SJC’ press centre.
The meeting, which will start at 10:00 am in the building of the council, will discuss the presidential Decree No. 253/07.11.2019 and will revote the nomination for the post of Prosecutor General of the Republic of Bulgaria.
President Rumen Radev returned Geshev's election on the grounds that there was no real contest between candidates. Ivan Geshev was elected on October 24 with 20 votes in favour and 4 against.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev: Don't Wait for the Moment when Hunger will Overcome Fear!
- » Bulgaria's MPs & Government Forgo Salaries during Coronavirus State of Emergency
- » Merkel Won't Consider her Withdrawing in 2021
- » Ukrainian MPs Asks More About Bulgarian Experience in Fighting COVID-19
- » President Radev Calls for Return to Normal Life the Soonest Possible, PM Borissov Said he will Pull GERB out of Parliament If the President Vetoes the State of Emergency
- » Bulgaria’s GDP to Decline by 3% in the Worst Case Scenario