The UK Parliament Announced its Suspension
The UK Parliament announced its suspension at midnight, 25 days before the upcoming elections.
The dissolution of Parliament means that the House of Commons and the House of Lords cease to exist. The new House of Commons will be elected on December 12, while the Lords will retain their positions.
Under normal circumstances, a new House Speaker is elected along with the House of Commons, but this year Lindsay Hoyle was elected early to replace John Bercow after his resignation, which he announced in September.
Under the 2011 Parliaments Act for a fixed term, the United Kingdom Parliament is to be re-elected every five years, which means that the next general election was to be held in 2022. However, on 29 October the House of Commons voted early elections in December.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir