The French Ambassador Was Summoned to the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry
On instructions from the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bulgaria Ekaterina Zaharieva, Deputy Foreign Minister Petko Doikov summoned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs the French Ambassador to Bulgaria Florence Robin, MFA press centre reported.
The meeting was related to President Emmanuel Macron's interview with the French magazine "Valeurs actuelles", in which he stated that he prefers people who come from Guinea and Côte d'Ivoire legally, who are in France and work, rather than Bulgarian and Ukrainian underground networks.
During the meeting, Deputy Minister Doykov expressed bewilderment at the French President's interview, which has caused outrage in Bulgarian society, including among our diaspora in France. On the Bulgarian side, it was emphasized that there are no serious grounds for such statements. Relations between Bulgaria and France - of friends, partners and allies - are excellent, the Bulgarian community is well integrated in France, and lately Bulgaria has received no reports from the French side of serious violations.
Ambassador Robin expressed regret and said that President Macron's words were taken out of context and misunderstood. "They in no way concern the Bulgarian government, Bulgarian citizens or Bulgarian workers who are well received and have proven their professionalism," Ambassador Robin said.
She reaffirmed the excellent bilateral relations and expressed hope that they would continue to deepen. "There is excellent cooperation between our two countries - in the fields of education, culture and economy. France will stand together with Bulgaria and will continue to support its efforts within the European Union," Ambassador Robin said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The New US Ambassador: Bulgaria is a Strategic Partner and Ally of the United States
- » The Bulgarian Cultural and Information Center moved to Downtown Skopje
- » Bulgaria’s MFA handed a Note of Protest to the Ambassador of North Macedonia after the Shooting in Ohrid
- » Another Provocation! Shooting at the Bulgarian Club "Tsar Boris III" in North Macedonia
- » MFA on Russia's Propaganda Rhetoric: Bulgaria's Position is in Support of Ukraine
- » Russia on Bulgaria’s Military Aid to Ukraine: A Hostile Act, further Worsening our Relations