Two Killed and 175 Injured in Protests in Baghdad
At least two people were killed and 175 were wounded in Baghdad after Iraqi security forces used tear gas against protesters which were trying to enter the fenced in Green Zone, Reuters quoted security forces and medical personnel sources.
Both deaths were caused by a tear gas metal box that hit the victims' heads directly, BTA reported.
At least 100 people were killed and 5,500 were injured in a week of protests in Iraq, France's press quoted the government's human rights commission.
Those numbers include those killed in Thursday's resumption of protests, the commission said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Austria and the Netherlands are "United in Opposition to Schengen Expansion"
- » 2023 Bosnia and Hercegovina: Putinians to Establish Institutional Control of the Country
- » Ursula von der Leyen: Strengthening the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a Priority
- » Hungary to Veto EU Nuclear Sanctions against Russia
- » Day 338 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Nuclear Regulator reported Strong Explosions near the Zaporizhzhia NPP (UPDATED)
- » EU Commissioner Rejected the Idea of Financing a Fence along the Bulgarian-Turkish Border