Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
Bulgaria’s Parliament approved the resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov as MPs.
On 5 June 2019 Pavlova submitted her resignation because the Cabinet nominated her to become a vice-president of the European Investment Bank, because of her valuable experience in financial and project management, as well as cooperation with European institutions.
Pavlova is a former Regional Development Minister. She was Minister in charge of Bulgaria’s Presidency of the Council of the EU from May 2017 until December 2018.
Volen Siderov, leader of the nationalist Ataka party, submitted his resignation as an MP while standing as candidate mayor of Sofia in the 2019 local elections. He won 1.44% of the votes and was eliminated at the first round on October 27.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Low Danube LevelHinders Navigation at Bulgarian Section of River
- » Bulgarian Police Intercept Illegal Gold Sluicing along the Struma River
- » Prosecutor's Office Headed by Ivan Geshev Blocks Trials against Former Government, Borissov
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow for First Frosts in Many Regions
- » Vaccination Certificate May Soon Become a Pass for Restaurant in Bulgaria
- » Border Police Search Team Looking for Man Missing at Sea