Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
Bulgaria’s Parliament approved the resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov as MPs.
On 5 June 2019 Pavlova submitted her resignation because the Cabinet nominated her to become a vice-president of the European Investment Bank, because of her valuable experience in financial and project management, as well as cooperation with European institutions.
Pavlova is a former Regional Development Minister. She was Minister in charge of Bulgaria’s Presidency of the Council of the EU from May 2017 until December 2018.
Volen Siderov, leader of the nationalist Ataka party, submitted his resignation as an MP while standing as candidate mayor of Sofia in the 2019 local elections. He won 1.44% of the votes and was eliminated at the first round on October 27.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » BGN 755 Million Allocated for Elderly Care under Reconstruction and Sustainability Plan
- » Bulgaria under Partial Lockdown from Tonight, 27 November
- » NCTC to Discuss Plan for Reconstruction and Sustainability Tomorrow, November 27
- » Court Rules: Atanas Bobokov Released on Record BGN 2 Million Bail
- » Ruslan Stefanov: People of Many Age Groups in Bulgaria Believe in Strong Hand
- » Bulgarian Parliamentarians Say 'No' to Grand National Assembly and New Constitution