Von der Leyen Approved the New Candidates for EU Commissioners of France and Hungary
The next President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, has approved the candidates for the European Commissioners of France and Hungary Thierry Breton and Oliver Varhelyi. This was announced today by EC spokesman Mina Andreeva, quoted by BNR.
Von der Leyen conducted the two interviews last night.
She also sent a letter to Romania, highlighting the urgency of the country to nominate a new commissioner.
Romania is currently the only member country that has not nominated its candidate for the next European Commission.
At the end of September, MEPs rejected, Laszlo Trocsanyi, due to conflict of interest accusations related to his former law office, and Rovana Plumb.
In October, this happened with French candidate Sylvie Goulard.
In an angry reaction, Paris then warned that the EP decision would lead to an institutional crisis.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two MEPs Insulted Bulgaria and Romania at the Schengen debate
- » The Bulgarian MEPs with a Joint Declaration on Schengen
- » The EU grants 1.61 Billion Euros to Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Minister: In Croatia they see the Adoption of the Euro as a Way to be Part of Europe’s Heart
- » German Consumer Sentiment Collapses to Record Low due to Inflation and Energy Crisis
- » The Far-Right Won in Italy’s Elections