Von der Leyen Approved the New Candidates for EU Commissioners of France and Hungary
The next President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, has approved the candidates for the European Commissioners of France and Hungary Thierry Breton and Oliver Varhelyi. This was announced today by EC spokesman Mina Andreeva, quoted by BNR.
Von der Leyen conducted the two interviews last night.
She also sent a letter to Romania, highlighting the urgency of the country to nominate a new commissioner.
Romania is currently the only member country that has not nominated its candidate for the next European Commission.
At the end of September, MEPs rejected, Laszlo Trocsanyi, due to conflict of interest accusations related to his former law office, and Rovana Plumb.
In October, this happened with French candidate Sylvie Goulard.
In an angry reaction, Paris then warned that the EP decision would lead to an institutional crisis.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Iliana Ivanova was officially appointed as European Commissioner
- » Thousands of Supporters of a pro-Russian Movement Protested in the Czech Republic
- » Imports of Ukrainian Grain: Poland, Hungary and Slovakia Unilaterally Extended the Ban
- » The EU Monitoring for Bulgaria and Romania has been Ended
- » The Netherlands and Austria reiterated that they will Not Allow an Expansion of Schengen
- » The ECB raised Interest Rates to a New Record