The SJC Submits to the President Today its Decision to Appoint a New Attorney General
The Supreme Judicial Council will send its decision on the election of a new chief prosecutor to President Rumen Radev, who must confirm the candidacy with a decree.
With 20 votes in favor and 4 against, Ivan Geshev was approved as the new Attorney General by the Plenum of the Supreme Judicial Council.
There is no statutory time limit for the President to issue a decree appointing the Attorney General or returning it to the Supreme Judicial Council.
The hearing of Ivan Geshev for the post lasted for almost 10 hours and was accompanied by protests by supporters and dissatisfied with the way the election was conducted.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Assoc. Prof. Kunchev: The Epidemic in Bulgaria is still Far from Over
- » CEM with a New Chairman - Betina Zhoteva
- » PM Borissov: It is Most Important to Protect our Medical Professionals, They Will Receive Bonus Remuneration
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree