A Greek Coast Guard Boat Crashed into a Migrant Boat
A Greek coastguard patrol boat crashed into a migrant boat this night, according to the BGNES. Three people, including a 3-year-old child, are missing. Six people injured.
The accident happened east of Kos Island.
According to preliminary information from the Port Authority, the incident happened when a small coast guard boat was conducting routine patrols in the area. Employees did not notice the migrant boat as it was without navigation lights.
There were 34 migrants on the boat. After the collision, everyone fell into the water. 31 people were rescued by the crew of a Frontex ship patrolling the area. Six of the migrants were injured and taken to Kos hospital.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Train Chaos: Delays and Cancellations Disrupt Bulgarian Railways Services
- » Bulgaria: Nearly 800,000 Households are Still Without Electricity
- » PM Denkov Addresses Severe Power Outages in 1,000+ Settlements After Snowstorm
- » Four Flights To and From Varna Canceled due to the Bad Weather
- » Over 800 Reports of Fallen Trees and Branches in Sofia
- » Winter Weather Havoc: Sofia Districts and Regions Suffer Power Outages