Ekaterina Zaharieva Meets with Sergey Lavrov in Moscow
Today, Deputy Prime Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva and her delegation are meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov. Later in the day, our foreign minister will also meet with the Bulgarian community in Moscow.
This is the first visit of a Bulgarian foreign minister to Russia since 2011. The main focus of the talks between Deputy Prime Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, is on developing and deepening bilateral relations with an emphasis on energy and trade.
In view of the forthcoming summit between Russian Presidents Vladimir Putin and Turkey Recep Erdogan, of course, the situation in Syria will be the focus of attention and the meeting of Zaharieva and Lavrov.
In an officially spread Russian position before the start of the meeting, the focus is on energy projects, construction of the Turkish Stream and its route on our territory, and the transfer of Russian gas to Europe, the modernization of Units 5 and 6 of Kozloduy NPP and the possible Russian participation in the construction of Belene NPP.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Suspends Visas for Russians with Property in Bulgaria and for Tourists from Russia
- » Russia Expelled 14 Bulgarian Diplomats
- » The Russian Ambassador expressed Hope that things will Change in Bulgaria
- » US Ambassador: Politicians in Bulgaria take advantage of Russian Propaganda for short-term Benefits
- » US Ambassador Herro Mustafa leaves Bulgaria as an Optimist for the Fight against Corruption in our Country
- » Bulgaria reminded EU Countries that it Does Not Recognize the "Macedonian Language"