Mark Zuckerberg Defended the Rules of Social Networks for Political Speaking
Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg defended the not-so-strict social media rules regarding public speaking and the lack of fact-checking in political advertising.
In an interview with American TV, he also said that he saw no point in closing the profiles of popular politicians, because people themselves have to choose who and what to trust. The question was suggested by one of the Democratic Party's candidates for president of the United States. Kamala Harris asked for Donald Trump's profile to be suspended. According to Zuckerberg, political talk is already subject to numerous regulations and rules.
Mark Zuckerberg, Founder and CEO of Facebook: I think in the democratic world it is important for people to see for themselves what politicians say. Political speaking is one of the most closely monitored, so regulation is already in place.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Skyrocketing Energy Prices Are Worse than Pandemic and Will Stay Longer
- » Census 2021 in Bulgaria: Beware of Scams!
- » Bulgaria's Energy and Water Regulator under Fire over Two-fold Increase in Power Prices
- » National Protest on Tuesday to Block intersections and Border Crossings, Will Stop Buses
- » Inflation Is Something Normal in Times of Economic Recovery
- » SANS and Interior Ministry Inspect Energy Watchdog