Romania Back in the Game for the Volkswagen Plant
Romania is on the short list of countries where Volkswagen may open a new factory for the next generations of Volkswagen Passat and Skoda Superb, and discussions in this regard have already been initiated by the Bucharest government, Ziarul Financiar, a financial daily, reported today.
The newspaper recalls that the Volkswagen Group has delayed the announcement of a final decision on the construction of a car factory in Turkey amid a Turkish military operation in Syria. The company had chosen the Turkish city of Manisa, some 40 kilometers north of Izmir, and production was scheduled to begin in 2022.
"We have initiated new discussions with the Volkswagen Group this morning. Romania has very good technical conditions at the moment and no workforce problem. We have done research and there are a number of possible places where a factory can be built and we have the necessary infrastructure," said Ștefan-Radu Oprea, Minister for Business Environment, Trade and Entrepreneurship.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Australia Ready to Supply Liquefied Natural Gas to Europe in there is Shortage of Russian Fuel
- » IMF: Global Growth is Slowing, Inflation is Rising
- » Fourth Vaccine Protects up to 5 Times more from Severe COVID and 2 Times more from Infection
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: We would have Spent more on Defense if we were Not in NATO
- » Bulgaria Remains at the Bottom of the Corruption Index
- » Number of Israeli Tourists who want to Visit Bulgaria is Increasing