UK to End Free Movement of EU Citizens in 2021
Today, the British government said it will stop the free movement of EU citizens in 2021 as part of immigration reforms after Brexit, BTA reported.
Queen Elizabeth delivered s speech (written by government officials) in which she stated that ministers plan to block freedom of movement between the UK and the EU and replace it with a points system modelled on one used in Australia. EU citizens coming to the UK after January 2021 would lose their automatic right to settle in the country.
The proposals envisage that all 3.4 million EU citizens now living in the UK will be able to stay.
The plans depend on whether the UK will leave the EU with a deal - something that remains uncertain.
- » NATO: Multinational Special Aviation Programme Training Centre Opens in Croatia
- » The Donald Trump Administration Will Leave 700,000 People without Food Stamps
- » The Chinese National Bank Will Conduct Tests for the Introduction of Digital Currency
- » The EU Council Wants Investments and Enhanced Common Action against Hybrid Threats
- » Jihadist Attack in a Hotel in the Somali Capital - there are Injured
- » A Second Australian State Legalizes Euthanasia