Poland's Ruling Party Wins the Parliamentary Elections
Poland's ruling Conservative Nationalist Law and Justice Party wins the parliamentary elections held yesterday.
Exit polls suggest that governing is likely to retain an absolute majority. Justice and Justice Jaroslaw Kaczynski received 43.6 percent of the vote and 239 seats in the 460-seat lower house of parliament.
The main opposition force, the Civic Coalition, came in second with 27.4 percent of the vote, followed by the Union of the Democratic Left with 11.9 percent.
Turnout was 61.1 percent - the highest since 1989.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria, Valeri Simeonov: The Government Remains, And So Does the Prime Minister
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov: I Am Ready to Step Down at Any Moment
- » Bulgaria Versus EU: Decent Economy but Poor Quality of Life
- » Former British Minister Arrested on Saturday for Alleged Rape
- » Another 1,000 US Troops to be Send to Poland
- » US Troops to be Send to Bulgaria and Romania