Bulgaria’s Parliament Sitting Failed, the Reason - Lack of Quorum
Bulgaria’s Parliament failed to sit on October 11 due to lack of quorum. Parliament made two succesive attempts to secure quorum. Of the 121 MPs required, 106 registered in the plenary hall. 112 MPs registered during a second attempt to achieve quorum, BNT reported.
Parliament suspends sittings between October 16 and 25 because of the local elections.
The next sitting has been scheduled for October 30, said Deputy Speeaker of Parliament, Emil Hristov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2020 Rule of Law Report: The Level of Perceived Judicial Independence in Bulgaria Remains Low
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria May Purchase Eight More F-16 Block 70 Aircrafts From Lockheed Martin
- » Bulgaria's Council of Ministers and Political Parties Fined for Non-Compliance With Anti-Epidemic Measures
- » Bulgaria: Residents of 22 Town Halls and 2 Municipalities Elect a Mayor
- » Bulgaria:The Morbidity of COVID-19 Decreases, PM Resumes Weekly Media Briefings
- » Bulgaria: EU Funds Have Led to Increased Wages, Business Investments, GDP Rise by 7.7%