Today Is the World Obesity Day
On October 11 we mark the World Obesity Day. The idea is to encourage people around the world to maintain a healthy weight.
Obesity, especially in developed countries, is increasing and acquiring a pandemic.
In five years, it is expected that every second person will be overweight, with currently 40% of people over 18 in the world weighing more than normal.
World Obesity Day is an annual campaign that aims to stimulate and support practical actions that will help people achieve and maintain a healthy weight and reverse the global obesity crisis.
In 2018, #WorldObesityDay called for an end to weight discrimination to improve the life chances of people with obesity around the world, World Obesity Federation reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: New Cases are Increasing
- » “Thracian Secret Societies” available in English and Bulgarian for All the History Buffs
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 801 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Woman, Life, Freedom... Protest in front of the Iranian embassy in Sofia
- » Bulgaria is First in the EU in Mortality from Cardiovascular Diseases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 752 New Cases in the Last 24 hours