Romania's Government Has Fallen
The government in Romania has fallen. 238 MPs voted against the Cabinet, above the required 233-vote majority.
The outcome of the vote is not unexpected after the ruling coalition collapsed in August. But so far, it has been thought that the opposition does not feel ready for elections and prefers to wait for a regular vote in a year. Although they had a large majority, the Social Democrats received a poor election result after a series of corruption scandals.
It will remain unclear whether early elections will take place or whether a provisional government will rule by the fall of 2020.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Serbia Declares a State of Emergency in Belgrade
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov and the Minister of Defense Attended the Celebration of the Plovdiv Garrison
- » Bulgaria Asks Why Britain Lifts Quarantine For More Than 50 Nations — But Not For Bulgarians
- » European Commission Invests €1 Billion in Innovative Clean Technology Projects