Power Outage in The US Can Leave around 2.5 Million People without Electricity
Pacific Gas and Electric has shut down more than half a million customers in Northern California, the largest planned power outage in U.S. history, Associated Press reported.
The company said it will phase out electricity to nearly 800,000 customers (1 building counts as 1 customer) to prevent wildfires in hot windy weather. The power company described the cuts as a precaution, hoping to prevent its electrical equipment and power lines from sparking blazes in dangerous conditions, NY Times reported.
The cuts will be carried out in two phases - when they are completed around 2.5 million people will be without electricity.
People are preparing for the outages by buying massively bottled water and batteries. There are queues at gas stations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Arrivals to UK from US and EU Exempt from Quarantine, PCR Tests
- » Greece: Bulgarian Tourists Evacuated as Wild Fires Continue amid Extreme Heatwave
- » Turkey: Images from Space Show Dramatic Scenes of Fires in Turkey
- » Turkey Detained Suspect over Forest Fires
- » Israel Starts with 3rd Booster Dose of Pfizer Vaccine
- » US Denied Bezos' Protests against Elon Musk Moon Deal with NASA for SpaceX