Power Outage in The US Can Leave around 2.5 Million People without Electricity
Pacific Gas and Electric has shut down more than half a million customers in Northern California, the largest planned power outage in U.S. history, Associated Press reported.
The company said it will phase out electricity to nearly 800,000 customers (1 building counts as 1 customer) to prevent wildfires in hot windy weather. The power company described the cuts as a precaution, hoping to prevent its electrical equipment and power lines from sparking blazes in dangerous conditions, NY Times reported.
The cuts will be carried out in two phases - when they are completed around 2.5 million people will be without electricity.
People are preparing for the outages by buying massively bottled water and batteries. There are queues at gas stations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse
- » Another Black Man Killed by the Police in America Sparks New Wave of Protests