Turkey Launches Land Operation in Northern Syria
Turkey launched a land operation in northern Syria late last night. Strikes were made on 181 military targets, according to the Turkish Ministry of Defense.
Jihadist prison has also been defeated, according to a Kurdish-led coalition in northeast Syria.
The Kurds also say they have repelled an attack by Turkish troops. The United States has not given the green light on Turkish actions in Syria, said US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. In a joint statement by the 28 member states, the European Union called on Turkey "to end unilateral hostilities".
The Arab League meets Saturday for an extraordinary meeting at the request of Egypt, in connection with the Turkish offensive in northeast Syria. The UN Security Council will also meet in private today, at the request of 5 European countries - Britain, France, Germany, Belgium and Poland.
- » More than 200,000 Czechs Have Gathered in Prague to Demand the Resignation of Billionaire Prime Minister Andrej Babiš
- » Estonia Will Host One of the World's Largest Cyber Defense Exercises
- » Most Americans Believe Donald Trump Should Be Removed from Office
- » France: Nearly 15,000 Households Are still Without Electricity
- » 45 Flights Were Delayed or Canceled in Moscow
- » Johnson: After Brexit, EU Citizens Will Be Treated Like Migrants from other Countries