OFFICIAL: Bulgaria Supports Macedonia's EU Membership under Several Conditions
Bulgaria supports Northern Macedonia and Albania to launch EU membership talks. The official position came from the government meeting. However, the country has conditions.
Bulgaria wants Northern Macedonia to comply with what has already been agreed between the two countries - for example, Northern Macedonia has no claim that Bulgaria has a Macedonian minority and needs to change some of the texts in geography, history and literature textbooks related to certain national heroes or events . These include Gotse Delchev and The Ilinden–Preobrazhenie Uprising.
Among the other conditions are the recognition of the Bulgarian character of the Slavic population in Northern Macedonia, to condemn severely the repressions against the Bulgarians after the 44th year, to end the language of hatred in the media, to give rights to the people who feel Bulgarians in Northern Macedonia.
Bulgaria will monitor whether northern Macedonia adheres to the treaties before supporting for Euro membership at a later stage.
- » The Supreme Judicial Council Re-Elected Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General of the Republic of Bulgaria
- » Zaharieva's Official Visit to Namibia Has Begun
- » Bulgarian Foreign Ministry with a Statement on the Recent Developments in Gaza and Southern and Central Israel
- » President Rumen Radev Held a Working Meeting with US Ambassador to Bulgaria Herro Mustafa
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva Leaves for an Official Visit to Africa
- » The SJC will Revote Ivan Geshev's Nomination for Bulgaria’s Chief Prosecutor on Thursday