7.3 Million Litres of Beer Drunk at Oktoberfest 2019
Munich's Oktoberfest, the largest beer festival in the world, ended on Sunday. This year at the festival were drunk over 7 million litres of beer, BTA reported.
In the two weeks of Oktoberfest, nearly 6.3 million people attended the festival, organizers said. Although this is roughly the same number as last year, it now seems that people were not so thirsty - this year were sold approximately 7.3 million mugs of beer - 200,000 down from last year's edition. Guests were also swapped with 129 oxen and 29 calves.
"We had a peaceful Oktoberfest with casual and cheerful visitors," said festival director Clemens Baumgartner.
Police reported a minimum increase in crime by 1 percent. There were also fewer alcohol-related emergencies - medics coped with 600 cases of alcohol poisoning or 120 less than last year’s.
However, a record number of drunk drivers cases were reported - 774, 414 of which on electric scooters.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » What did Bulgarians Search in Google this Year
- » Research Shows that the Pfizer Vaccine can only Partially Protect against Omicron
- » Prison for Anti-Vax Parents who Stop their Children from going to School in Greece
- » Lena Borislavova from WCC: Kindergartens and Nurseries will be Free
- » Top WHO and US scientists: Omicron does not look Worse than Current Variants
- » Bulgarian University Students Celebrate the “Student Day” on December 8