Facebook Has Removed Hundreds of Accounts, Pages and Groups
The social network Facebook has announced that it has removed a total of 280 accounts, 149 pages and 43 groups, as well as 121 Instagram accounts in the UAE, Egypt, Nigeria and Indonesia, Reuters reported.
The network, which owns Instagram and WhatsApp, said the accounts were removed for "coordinated unauthorized behaviour." They spread content about the UAE's activities in Yemen and the Iran nuclear deal, as well as criticism against Qatar, Iran and Turkey.
Earlier this year, Facebook removed accounts from Iraq, Ukraine, China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Honduras and Israel.
The social network is trying to prevent online abuse and dissemination of misinformation, including in election campaigns.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » New and Dangerous Trend: Intentionally Getting Infected with COVID-19
- » Bulgarian Healthcare: You Pay Dearly to Die Early
- » Bulgarian Mathematician: No More than 70-80% of Green Certificates are Genuine
- » Bulgarian Health Minister: Restrictions in Five Areas are Expected within Days
- » Improved Pfizer Vaccine, which will Affect Omicron, will be Ready No Earlier than March
- » Studies in the United States Point to the Need for a Third Dose of Covid Vaccine