Belene NPP Project to Be Licensed by the End of the Year
By the end of the year or at the beginning of the following year at the latest, the Nuclear Regulatory Agency (NRA) must license the project for the construction of the Belene NPP in view of changes in the legislation and requirements of the European Commission. This was announced by Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova during a ceremony at which the contract for the renewal of the license of the Sixth unit at Kozloduy NPP was formally signed, cited by the BGNES.
Agency chairman Lachezar Kostov confirmed that in the foreseeable future, within months, the necessary license will be issued.
The meeting was attended by Sergey Margelov, director Rosatom Central Europe, who said his company was following the competitive procedure for a strategic investor with interest. He recalled that in August the Russians had applied for the contest together with 12 other candidates.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Gazprom Increases Gas Supplies to Bulgaria by Nearly 44%
- » Bulgaria’s “Kozloduy” NPP reports a record BGN 717.5 Million Profit for the First Nine Months
- » Europe: The Conditions for a Cold Winter with High Gas Prices are Set
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas Price could Rise by about 3% in December
- » Five Neighborhoods in Sofia Without Heating and Hot Water until Tomorrow Night
- » Bulgaria: Additional Financial Assistance for Heating will be Provided