Bulgaria's Budget Surplus Has Shrunk by More than a Half by the End of August
According to the Ministry of Finance, Bulgaria's budget surplus has shrunk to 600 million euros by the end of August. A month before that, the Treasury's surplus was above 1.5 billion euros, but sharply decreased after the deal for purchasing F-16 fighters, BNR reported.
The ministry expects the budget surplus to exceed 600 million euros in September. Usually, in the last months of the year, government spending increases. After being updated twice in 2019, an annual deficit of 2% of GDP is now envisages, which equals over 1 billion euros.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Government: Minimum Wage to Be Raised to BGN 650 As of January 2021
- » Bulgarian Development Bank Provides Easy Loans
- » BNB: Assets of Investment Funds in Bulgaria Show Growth in End September
- » NSSI: Average Social Security Income in Bulgaria Increases to BGN 1,081
- » Covid Crisis Prospects: Bankruptcies in Bulgaria Up by 21% in 2021
- » Bulgarian Business Received over BGN 400 Million as Pandemic Support from Economy Ministry