Bulgaria's Budget Surplus Has Shrunk by More than a Half by the End of August
According to the Ministry of Finance, Bulgaria's budget surplus has shrunk to 600 million euros by the end of August. A month before that, the Treasury's surplus was above 1.5 billion euros, but sharply decreased after the deal for purchasing F-16 fighters, BNR reported.
The ministry expects the budget surplus to exceed 600 million euros in September. Usually, in the last months of the year, government spending increases. After being updated twice in 2019, an annual deficit of 2% of GDP is now envisages, which equals over 1 billion euros.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Record Decline: Euro Zones GDP Shrank by 14.4%
- » Bulgaria: The Ministry of Economy Will Support the Economy with BGN 1.8 Billion
- » LIVE: Bulgarian Government is Allocating BGN 1 Billion for Social and Economic Measures in the Fight Against COVID-19
- » Experts Predict a 21% Increase in Bankruptcies in Bulgaria
- » What is Bitcoin Halving and Why Is It Important?
- » The Rise of Bitcoin - The Cryptocurrency of Today