After the Hearing: EP Approves Mariya Gabriel for a New term
According to an unofficial information, Mariya Gabriel has been approved for a new term. The committees, which tested Gabriel's qualities at the European Parliament in Brussels in the three-hour hearing for her entrusted Innovation and Youth portfolio, made the decision unanimously.
As a priority for the program, Mariya Gabriel pointed to the competitiveness of European science and European students in catching up with the US and China. It will also focus on tripling the funding for education and science programs, creating a common European university network and a European student card as a unification of diplomas.
"We have set a deadline of 2025, "said Gabriel.
She also explained how she intends to catch up with the lower participation of Eastern European countries in educational and scientific programs.
The immediate reactions of the chairpersons of the line committees justify that Gabriel will receive a positive assessment.
"The impression of our committee is that we have clarified the most important issues for us in a positive spirit for the development of Europe. We need the development of science and research and we are convinced that the Commissioner will protect the line, "explained Adina-Ioana Valean, chairman of the European Parliament Committee on Industry, Research and Energy.
The only concern for MEPs was that the new name for the field lacked the words education and science.
"Although culture and education are not mentioned in the name of the portfolio - it was important to us that Mariya Gabriel assured us of the subject," explained Committee on Culture and Education of the Culture Commission.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » USA: Today We Celebrate 19 years of Bulgaria in NATO
- » Bulgaria’s VMZ - Sopot might Produce 155-mm Shells but only Experimentally
- » Kiril Petkov: We are ready to Talk with Everyone, even GERB, but about Policies
- » Bulgarian PM: They will not Scare Us with Bomb Threats, Don’t be Afraid to Vote
- » Survey before the Elections in Bulgaria: “We Continue the Change” Lead by 1.4% over GERB
- » Ukraine is Waiting for Hundreds of Thousands of Projectiles for 350 Million Leva from Bulgaria’s VMZ-Sopot