Aging of the Nation and Migration - Leading Factors that Exacerbate the Country's Demographic Crisis
The aging of the nation, social inequalities and migration are among the leading factors that exacerbate the country's demographic crisis. This is according to a study of scientists from the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. They predict that in 30 years every tenth Bulgarian in the country will be over 80 years old.
Bulgaria will not disappear, scientists from the Institute for Population and Human Research at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences assure. The worst estimate is that by 2040 the country's population will be reduced to 5.8 million if the government does not take measures to overcome the crisis.
The survey considers changes in the values and attitudes of young generations towards professional realization, towards education and towards the population. They have increased demands on quality of life and child-rearing.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend