Greek Police Uncovered Criminal Group Dealing with Illegal Adoptions from Bulgaria: The Price of a Newborn Was up to € 25,000
Police in Thessaloniki have uncovered a criminal group dealing with illegal adoptions from Bulgaria. During the operation, 12 people were detained, including a lawyer and a doctor, and the entire file includes more than 60 people.
In the investigation, there are dozens of cases of Bulgarian women who have traveled to Greece, accompanied by members of the criminal group, to give birth “on request”. Newborns are given to childless couples for a fee.
The amount of the fee was up to € 25,000 depending on the child and his or her characteristics. There have been cases where the child has been returned to the merchants or the price has dropped if it is not white enough.
Another criminal activity was discovered in the course of the investigation - trafficking in ova from young women. Again, the case is about Bulgarian Roma who gave their eggs to the criminal group that sold them for a fee. In this case there were also reproduction private clinics involved.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia
- » Prosecutor General: The US Settlement with Nexo has Nothing to do with the Bulgarian Investigation