Washington Post: Congress Leader to Announce Trump Impeachment Investigation
Congressional leader Nancy Pelosi will announce a formal impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump.
“The actions taken to date by the president have seriously violated the Constitution,” Ms. Pelosi said in a brief speech invoking the nation’s founding principles. Mr. Trump, she added, “must be held accountable — no one is above the law.”, NY Times reported.
According to the Washington Post, the measure is because of fears that it has put pressure on the Ukrainian president. The US head of state has wanted Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate the corruption of his competitor's son, Joe Biden, for election next year. Trump even blocked the release of US military aid to Ukraine until the investigation is launched, according to US media. Immediately after the news of the investigation, the president wrote on Twitter that he would give Congress a printout of his conversation with his Ukrainian counterpart tomorrow.
An increasing number of Democrats in Congress support the launch of an investigation that will impeach the president, and more Democrats have said they would support such a move. A special impeachment committee will be set up. Nancy Pelosi, the chairman of the congressional chair, declined to comment.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Media: Tensions between Bulgaria and North Macedonia are Decreasing
- » Joe Biden: An Attack on Ukraine would be the "Biggest Invasion" since World War II
- » Croatian President: Croatia will Withdraw its Troops from NATO in case of Russia-Ukraine Conflict
- » Russia has launched Military Maneuvers near Ukraine and in Annexed Crimea
- » British Foreign Minister: United Kingdom Unlikely to Send Troops to Ukraine
- » Ukraine's Security Service claims to have Thwarted “Armed Attacks” by a Russian Criminal Group