Public Transport Strike Kicks off in Greece
It will affect the operation of part of the metro lines in the capital Athens. They also stop trams, buses and city rail.
Sailors and port officials are also on strike. Ferries and cargo ships will not move and ports are closed.
The railway staff will be on strike in 24 hours, but their protest will start on Thursday morning.
All strikes in Greece are due to changes in labor legislation and a draft law on privatization of public transport, which is being debated in parliament.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Greek Fighter Jet has Crashed in the Ionian Sea, the Two Pilots are Missing
- » European Commission: EU Member States can Finance the Fence along the Bulgarian-Turkish Border Themselves
- » Former NATO General became the New President of the Czech Republic
- » Austria and the Netherlands are "United in Opposition to Schengen Expansion"
- » Ursula von der Leyen: Strengthening the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a Priority
- » Hungary to Veto EU Nuclear Sanctions against Russia