The Nomination of Lagarde for President of the ECB Will be Voted Today
Today, MEPs will vote on the nomination of Christine Lagarde as President of the European Central Bank.
Before the secret ballot there will be a debate in the plenary.
The European Parliament expresses its opinion on whether the candidate is suitable for the post, with the final decision being taken by the European Council.
Lagarde will replace Mario Draghi as head of the European Central Bank. Christine Lagarde has been the Executive Director of the International Monetary Fund since 2011. She was proposed in July by the Heads of State.
If approved, she will be the first woman to hold the post.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Prepares Second Lawsuit against AstraZeneca over Covid-19 Vaccine Delays
- » Today May 9 Europe Celebrate Europa Day
- » EU Declares Plan to Cut Dependency on China
- » British Ships Will Patrol Sea Around Jersey after Post-Brexit Tensions Between UK and France
- » EU Preparing ‘rapid’ Assistance to COVID-struggling India
- » EU Is About to Sign Record Deal with Pfizer for Vaccines